13 November 2008

garden



i started enjoying planting things when i lived on elmwood. i had a little patch of space under the staircase there, and i got it cleaned up with the help of my family and started planting things.

then anthony referred me to an article by michael pollan which spurred my interest even more. when i moved into 4306, i decided that i had plenty of space for a garden and should use it.

this weekend my parents helped me to make three raised beds that are growing lettuce, cabbage, spinach, celery, dill, parsley, peas and onions.

i hope that the harvest is good and that i will do my little part in helping our world to take a step toward green. if only the squirrels weren't trying to thwart my efforts. they don't believe in global warming.

5 comments:

Bradley Kerl said...

i've found that squirrels don't believe in ANYTHING! even when you throw rocks at them to get them to stop barking at cats.

where is the ollie poop?

Anna said...

i have thrown so many rocks at squirrels. i HATE it when they bark.

Whitney said...

i'm envious of your sweet little garden. i wish i was a homeowner... or at least planned on being stationary for a while...

Anna said...

you can come and be a farmer with me in austin anytime! my snow peas sprouted today!!!

camille said...

i'm terribly behind on your blog!
what a lovely garden.

how is your harvest thus far?

"fidogins"...word verification. gets me every time!